Did you ever look at a finished model and think: "Something just isn't right?"
That center section seemed long, and was!
I cut both BT60 sections at 3 1/2" long.
The bottom section is 3 1/2", the upper BT-60 should have been 2" long.
Don't ask me why I did this.
It didn't look right and had to be fixed.
Luckily, the segment that needed to be removed had no internal centering rings where the cut would be made. Empty tube was underneath.
Tape was wrapped to help with a straight cut line.
I cut the tube a little long and would sand it to the correct length after it was removed.
The top section low end was sanded smooth and square.
The lower section of BT-60 was peeled off. The remaining pieces of tube and glue were sanded off.
Here's the before and after.
Before on the left, after the cut and re-glue on the right.
This is the look that Peter Alway intended.
Good. I'll sleep better tonight.