"Here's my dad telling the story of Centuri Engineering at the Seattle Museum of Flight."
May 7, 2016 - Lee Piester, founder and President of Centuri Engineering, shares a nostalgic retrospective of the golden age of model rocketry and the early days of the space race. With an introduction by fellow rocketry pioneer Bill Stine.

I met Lee Piester as well as Vern Estes in late winter early spring 1967 at a rocket meet, my first one, at Shady Side Academy north of Pittsburgh, the only time I ever met either of them. The senior at this private high school who was in charge of the event was Jay (Jerome) Apt, who later became an astronaut. I was an incoming college freshman at the time at CIT(CMU) where I had met up with another incoming college freshman who was also into model rocketry. He knew Jay and invited me to join him at this meet. It was an interesting (and cold, there was snow on the ground) introduction to rocketry meets.
ReplyDelete