I don't use school glue. I use wood glue.
But - the wood glue nozzle is too wide!
Buy a bottle of school glue, and change the two nozzles.
The threads are the same.
Clay nose weight for $1.50.
It's also good for trimming boost gliders.
Occasionally I can use glue sticks.
They are great for paper body wraps.
Mylar table cover sheeting for streamers and parachutes.
Also available in a chrome finish.
This sheeting is pretty thin, it's more prone to ejection charge damage.

I bought a 20-pack of small school glue bottles for the nozzles a couple of years ago. I like the twist action, and the nozzles do eventually wear out or get damaged from dried glue. I refill them from a larger bottle of woodworking glue in my shop. Although they look the same as the nozzles of 20 years ago, the tip is now slightly more blunt and the orifice is a wee bit bigger.
ReplyDeleteI use Dollar Tree items in my rocket builds. The mylar table cloth is great. Thanks for the wadding tip. I'll use it on my next launch.
ReplyDeleteI gave up on glue nozzles. Now I glob whatever I think I need onto a card (between AAA, NAR, TRA, USAA et al, I have quite a few available) and use a Qtip or sharpened skewer to apply it where needed. I also have several syringes of the dental irrigation sort which I use for fillets
ReplyDeleteHadn't thought about the mylar table sheeting for parachutes and streamers (kept thinking about the plastic tablecloths which seemed a bit too thick). Gonna have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteThe glue sticks are pretty handy for card/paper models too. The color change type (goes on purple, dries clear) is especially handy as you can see where you've put the glue. Have also read on some message boards that glue sticks also work nicely for sticking tissue onto balsa frames of "stick-and-tissue" type model airplanes (will have to give that a try sometime -- since I live in an apartment, I'll need to find alternatives to using dope to avoid noxious fumes).