Pages

Friday, September 18, 2026

Estes Cosmic Interceptor Build, Part 28, Small Things

The engine mount ring and intake vanes are painted black. It's easier to pre-paint then glue them in place. It would be nearly impossible to mask the intake vanes if they were glued into the tapered body tube.

The engine ring was taped to a painting wand (dowel) and sprayed gloss black. The paint will require light sanding and another coat.




Only the exposed front of the vanes need paint.
These also will require some sanding and another coat of paint.
The tri-fold mount was glued up and formed into a curve while the glue was still wet. I pre-form the mount so I can glue it in the tube later.
Here the mount is pressed into some of the leftover intake tubing.

It's been a frustrating weather week. I usually spray at about 2:30 p.m. when the humidity is low. Most all afternoons have been raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment