Thursday, July 30, 2026

Estes Mini Scale Combo Pak, #0874, Tomahawk & Exocet, Build, Part 8, Covering The Shock Cord



It's easier to use tweezers to grab the end of the shock cord.
Pull the cord through the slit until 1/4" sticks outside the body tube.

I traced around the paper shock cord anchor, then scraped off the gray primer for a better glue bond.


Apply glue to the back of the exposed shock cord and press the cord down onto the body tube until the glue sets up.

Glue the paper anchor over the shock cord and body tube area.
Use the center marks to line it up. Shape with a burnisher.





When the anchor is still wet with glue, you can shape and mold the paper cover.

I won't know how good this will look until paint is applied.

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this type of anchor before. I've had to cut 2 notches in the body tube and glue the cord . Thanks for this post. Learned something new.

    ReplyDelete