Sunday, October 30, 2016

Estes Alien Invader Decal Fix


I finally set the decals down on the second Alien Invader. I think I got it right this time.

The white decal on the tube sides won't fit the way the face card shows it. With the dowel in the location specified in the instructions, this decal is too tall. I turned it on its side.





This time the three stripe decal was set up on the main body tube and tucked into the root edge of the fin.

The smaller alien eagle decal was correctly set to the forward right side of the body tube front. This decal isn't shown in the reissue kit instructions. You've got to look up the old kit online instructions to figure it out.


The larger alien eagle went underneath the model on the right wing.

Done!
I may hit the lower half with a dullcoat to make it interesting. The dullcoat will hide some of the areas that aren't as clean as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment