Sunday, March 31, 2024

Estes Skytracer Clone #1361 Build, Part 15, Shock Cord & Decals




I never liked the thin shock cord loop on the base of some nose cones. It seems like a weak point.

I'll usually drill a hole in the angled side. The shock cord is fed through both holes and tied. Here loose end and knot are tucked inside the center hole.






I drew up some home print decals.
PATREON: These are only available to Patreon members. 
Email me at oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and ask for the Skytracer PDF decals.
Here's the catalog picture showing the positions of the forward decals. Sometimes all I have to work with is a online catalog page.



It looks like the STELLAR FORCES decal is forward, almost to the end of the body tube. The shorter red bar pairs end up on the nose cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment