Saturday, August 8, 2026

Estes Mini Scale Combo Pak, #0874, Tomahawk & Exocet, Build, Part 13, Color Coats - Finally!



I had the two models prepped for color coats - ready to move onto my patio to spray paint. I looked out the back window and saw this - 

Two hours later the rain had dried up. I was risking some "bluing" or a dulled finish, but decided to spray anyway. Enough delays!
The upper body of the Exocet was painted orange. The final black on the lower body will fully cover the orange and white fade.

The Tomahawk nose cone was taped to a dowel and painted red.

There was some dullness in the gloss white caused by the humidity after the rain. Sometimes you can shine it up using automotive polishing compound and a microfiber cloth. 

On the left is the dulled white - 
On the right, the same fin after polishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment