Friday, July 6, 2012

Estes Thor Agena B Build Part 40 Decals!

I'm leaving for another Alaska cruise this morning, be back on July 14.
If I miss posting it's because the ship couldn't get an internet signal.

I couldn't find any K-28 decals online. I'd have to draw my own.

Notice there are six checkerboard wraps.
The two at the top are the width I came up with by doing a simple paper wrap around the upper BT-52 tubing.
At the bottom are slight variations in size.
Wraps are tough. The first tries never seem to match up. With five different widths I should have one that fits the tube well.

There are also four different sizes of the 298 round number. After the bands are in place I'll be able to judge a size close to the pictures in the instructions.

I thought I had copied enough extra straight and curved bands.
More on that later.

Here's the first band in place.
It's actually on the wide end of the balsa adapter, not on the tube.
I could be wrong on this, the Estes instructions are vague about correct placement.

This band was one of the straight stripes.
The brush was used for positioning and removing air bubbles.


The upper adapter band is one of the curved stripes.

Wrap the band around the tube, mark for a small overlap and cut to length before applying.

No comments:

Post a Comment