Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Estes Apollo Little Joe II Build, Part 25, A Slow Up!



I am getting to the painting!
The tower skirt and nozzles are painted black.
I did a simple mask over the glue areas.
Now the problem!!! It's Summer here and it is very humid.

Sprayed balsa and tubing tends to dry in a day or so.
Plastic is anther story. These spray painted parts stayed sticky for days! I can't slightly sand the base coats until it is dry to the touch.
This could slow down assembly and the blog posts.

2 comments:

  1. No problem, you can't rush Mother Nature.
    On an aside, I was wondering what method you use to remove sanding dust prior to priming/painting? Mini vac, brush, tack cloth, damp cloth, or something else? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      I simply brush it off with a real cheap brush, the same "chip" brush I use for CWF. I tried a tack cloth before, they can leave sticky oil on the model.

      Delete