Sunday, August 9, 2026

Estes Mini Scale Combo Pak, #0874, Tomahawk & Exocet, Build, Part 14, Tomahawk Wrap Decal

I should have checked beforehand - 
That upper black band goes right over the lumpy shock cord cover! I've seen this a few times in kits. As an example: Decals are sometimes placed over launch lugs. Poor planning and kit design. 

If I had looked ahead I could have put the shock cord cover lower, just beneath the black band decal.

Before placing the black band, I ran a black Sharpie around the top edge of the body tube. It will make for a cleaner color separation if you cover up the white paint.

Start the decal with the left side set into the edge of the shock cord cover.



The decal rolled around all right but there was a bump directly above the raised shock cord.








While it was still malleable, I cut through the decal from the center area forward. This made a "flap" where after one side was pressed down, the other side layered on top. 
The raised area is now pretty flat. Not perfect, but better.

No comments:

Post a Comment