Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big Girtha Decal Part 21


It' still raining outside so I jumped ahead and applied the decal.

I wanted it centered between the lower red and upper barber pole sections. Another black tape strip was temporarily applied where the red paint section would end.

The middle white area was measured and a pencil center line marked.
The decal was measured and the center was found at the left side of the letter "I" in Girtha.

You don't have a lot of time when applying decals, I'd rather find the center marks now than try to slide around a decal (this long) on the model. Remember, home printed decals are more likely to crack when pushed and stretched.

Here's the decal in place.
I was happy with the match of the decals red shade and the red tape stripes. To be honest - I took the decal with me to Home Depot when I bought the electrical tape and spray paint to be sure the red shades matched.

No comments:

Post a Comment