Monday, October 4, 2010

Semroc Little Joe Part 23 Capsule Paint


Before the capsule was painted silver, I pushed small squares of masking tape in the half-circle indentations made earlier. This will keep the paint out and give just a little more gluing area.






The tower was set into the indentations. I turned the tower 90 degrees four times to find the best vertical position.

The position was marked lightly with a pencil mark so I could find it again. White glue was applied to the indents and the tower pressed in place.


The capsule was set on a flat surface and turned to make sure the tower was straight before the glue set up.

After all was dried, a drop of thick CA was set on some scrap cardboard. A toothpick was dipped to hold a small drop. That was transferred to the tower / capsule joints.

1 comment:

  1. Looking Great. I really enjoyed this build when I did it. Yours is looking absolutely beautiful.
    Here's Mine : http://rocketry.wordpress.com/2007/01/16/my-little-joe-ii/

    ReplyDelete