Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dr. Zooch Vanguard Eagle Build Part 42 FINISHED!


I used a wrap of masking tape to help line up the stickers on opposite sides of the booster and sustainer tubes.

I won't do a blog entry about the parachute and shock cord attachments. It's all pretty standard stuff.

The Dr. Zooch kits use the Estes tri-fold method of retaining the shock cord.

The suggested measurement of the rectangular tri-fold seems small to me, so I made mine in a longer trapezoid shape.



Here's three views of the finished model. For the correct matte finish, I'll give the model a final spraying of dull coat.


What a great kit! I especially liked the venting for the gap staging.

Check out the staging pictures on the Dr. Zooch website HERE. Click on the Vanguard Eagle name to see the pictures. You can actually see the vented smoke coming out the rear bells!
The detailed nose cone is a departure from the balsa cones usually found in the Zooch kits.

This model presents a good challenge. Some new construction methods made it a rewarding stretch.

This finished model went into the mail yesterday to Steve McGrath, the Vanguard Eagle Team Leader. Wes (Dr. Zooch) asked me to build this model for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment