Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LAUNCH! Soccer Field October 25, 2011


I was cold this morning, I should have grabbed a jacket.
No wind at ground level, the palm trees were still.

A good first flight and test for the system is my smaller UP! CUP flown with an A10-3t.
At ejection this one falls faster than the larger Odd'l Rockets kit. Stable, noisy and no damage when it was picked up.




My Semroc CENTURION flew to an estimated 325' with an Estes B6-4 engine.

Even though it has a baffle, I still play it safe with one square of crepe paper wadding below the parachute. In the inset picture you can see a little charring even after the baffle.
Both 12" parachutes were used.



The "Wasted Engine of the Day" award goes to an A10-3t engine in the Estes BULLPUP. I used an 18mm casing as an adapter.
With all that clay weight in the nose, it probably got 100' in the air.

This was one of the first models built after getting back into the hobby and it's first flight! I was disappointed with the finish (and those stick on decals) so it went to the back of the shelf.
If it flys again, it'll be with B engines and above.



Say goodybye to my little friend!

I rarely lose rockets, my carded BIG BERTHA was gone with an A3-4t engine. I would have to estimate the altitude at about 700' feet.

While the boost was vertical, the winds took it into the houses at the south side of the field. I hadn't flown anything this high today and even with a streamer it was gone.

Oh well, print and build another.


Also flown:
My carded downscale CLOUD HOPPER with a MicroMaxx engine. It took three tries and adjustments to the igniter to get it in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment