Friday, June 21, 2013

New Tools Follow Up

I've had the chance to use my new tools for a while now.
Two have worked very well, one tool - not so much!


My Olfa break off blade knife is a great, cheap alternative to more expensive hobby knife blades.
Thirteen new blade tips on each blade strip! Much cheaper than #11 X-Acto blades.

The handle did take a little getting used to. Keep your fingers away from the black button on the other side of the handle when cutting. Press it and the blade slides up and down. Leave it be and the blade is locked.



Still a best buy were the small diamond files from Harbor Freight.
I haven't used my old X-Acto files since I got these.
Cheap and easy to clean with a soft brass brush.






The Midwest Fine Grit Super Sander works well for shaping but not for sanding primer or wet sanding balsa surfaces.
My block has some very slight high spots on the sanding surface that show up after paint is applied. That and the feel of the block is a bit clumsy.
Even if the block loads up you can clean it off under running water with the brass brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment