Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Big Girtha Saga!

My original Big Girtha was a two engine cluster built using most of the parts from a Quest Big Betty kit. I'd flown it a few times before losing it at a TTRA launch.
On February 16 it was windy and I still switched out the two B6-4s for C6-5 engines.

I had a new spy cam running, you can see it taped to the side.
Descent was good until it hit a thermal and drifted over the trees to the east side of the field. I chased it down but after a half hour of looking it couldn't be found.

Brian Urban emailed to let me know the rocket was found and being held in the TTRA equipment trailer. I picked up the model two months later but the small video camera was gone!
Brian told me he removed the camera for safe keeping. He didn't have it with him that day.
The rocket was waterlogged and weather beaten. Parts were salvaged and another Girtha was built.
Brian brought the camera this last Saturday, June 15 at the TTRA launch.

I was very curious to see if the Micro SD card video was still good:
You can see the video HERE
The video was much clearer before downloading to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment