Saturday, December 28, 2019

Merry Christmas To Me!


I didn't order any clearance rockets in the recent Estes Black Friday sale - 
But I did pick up some discontinued Semroc kits! 
Four were $9.99, the Micro Max Orbital Transport was at retail price.
I've always wanted the Centuri Excalibur. The Wac Corporal was one of my first Estes kits, this one is bigger. The Midget will replace the one that staged, went horizontal and was lost in the trees. The Aerobee Hi is simply historic, the first mass produced model rocket kit.

I was tempted to get a Semroc (Estes) Scrambler for $19.99, but I rarely launch clusters.
These builds will probably be on the blog down the road.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked building my micro Orbital Transport. I didn't bother filling the balsa or the convection points, but it still looks good.

    Can we launch micro rockets at the ROCK launches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      I've started mine, the tabs don't fit the slots very well. You can certainly launch Micro Maxx models at the ROCK launch. If the grass is high it might be hard to find them!

      Delete
  2. Just browsed Randy's sale. My build pile may be getting bigger soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Haul Chris! I like the Exalibur also, almost have it finished. Bought another one recently too, so I'd have a spare.

    Sincerely,
    J.W.

    ReplyDelete