Saturday, July 11, 2020

tHAT Estes Discount

I bought this Estes cap at NARAM 60. Since then it sat on a shelf with my other rockets. I knew if I hang on to it for 50 years it could sold on Ebay for a big profit! Nah, I started to wear last week.

I wore it to a Dermatologist appointment. I had a age spot I wanted her to check. She said: "That logo looks familiar!"
She explained her sons had launched some rockets. We talked model rocketry for a few minutes and I gave her my card with the blog address on it.
When we were finished, she said: "I'm just charging you for an office visit, no charge for the treatment.

Today I went to Kohl's. I found some casual Nunn Bush leather shoes, size 13 on clearance. $85.00 retail, marked down to $34.00. I took them up to the register.
The guy behind the counter said: "Nice hat! We used to launch rockets." I said: "I still do!"
He replied: "Rockets are a lot of fun. I'm going to give you an additional discount."
I got the shoes for $20.28!
I've got to get another hat. 

4 comments:

  1. At long last, model rocketry has paid off :^D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the logo wasn't covering up your spot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear mine to work. It's sparked a few conversations with customers (I'm constantly on a crusade to make other people aware of and interested in model rocketry).

    I never have gotten a discount, though!

    My wife washed mine, as it was a little dirty (HA!). Now it's pretty beat up. So I ordered a second one. Now I have the beater for launches, and the good one for formal occasions - weddings, jury duty, that sort of thing...

    ReplyDelete