Saturday, June 3, 2023

Decals On The Second Klingon Battle Cruiser

When I built the two Klingon models, one set of decals transferred fairly easily. The second decal sheet was unusable. I finally got around to drawing up and home printing a second set.




Here's a wing decal from the Estes kit.
These have a white background.




Here's what I drew up.
I think it works, just looks a little dingier.






On the left is the Estes decals.

On the right are the home print.






The red dash decals are close.

My home print (right side) were spaced a bit wider. I don't know why I did it this way.




Comparing the original and new decals - 
The radiator lines are real close.

The bottom is straight, there is some camera distortion.
The new home print decals are in both pictures here.

On the left, some of the black flaked off where the new decal was cut to fit over the raised plastic ridge.
On the right, some black touchup was done using a fine point Sharpie.

FINISHED! Now I can sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment