Thursday, January 4, 2024

Estes Great Goblin, #9724 Build, Part 19, Chute Ties & White Undercoats




One of the three rip stop nylon chutes was turned inside out. I flipped it around so it looked like the right side picture, with the white shroud lines on the inside.






I tied these up using my no tangle shroud lines. 
This technique allows the chute to fully open with no tangles when tied to the nose cone.

For a full explanation of No-Tangle Parachutes: CLICK HERE


I like to use painting wands. This motor mount required a larger dowel.
I had been hanging onto a broom handle for years. The diameter was around 1 1/8" and fits perfectly into the motor mount tube.







After spraying the white undercoat, the model was allowed to dry wedged into my patio chair.
It is difficult to get good paint coverage on a rocket this large. The body was not sprayed vertically. 
I'd recommend using a handle and spraying horizontally. After spraying, the model (still held horizontally) is slowly turned to prevent drips.

No comments:

Post a Comment