Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Estes Strikefighter, Kit #2015, Build, Part 9, Making The "Gun"


I know - I fill the seams in the launch lugs!
It's surprising how well CWF stays in the lug seams after sanding. 

I slide the launch lugs over Q-tips for a painting handle.


The CWF is sanded down to surface.

Filler/primer is sprayed and sanded.
You can see the gray filler left in the remaining lug seam.
Paper strips are rolled around, adhered with a glue stick.

The two small centering rings (with the larger holes) are slipped over the the back of the "gun" lug. The forward ring against the paper strip wrap.


A length of dowel is glued on, against the face of the forward ring. 

More paper strips are wrapped around.

The radar pod has the rings glued over a dowel

Here both are dry fitted in their BT-5 core tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment