Thursday, June 28, 2012

Estes Thor Agena B Build Part 27 Priming TIPS



TIP: I'm using the base of my thumb as a "bumper" to prevent the body tube edge from being rounded or sanded off.
The base of my thumb raises and stops the sandpaper from rolling over the edge and keeps the tube end square.

On the left I'm trying to get the nose cone base even with the body tube sides.
Go easy here, sometimes you can sand down to the bare balsa.
In the picture most of the grey primer has been sanded down to the CWF underneath.

You can "reseal" the exposed balsa when the color coats are applied.
Spray, lightly sand and repeat until the balsa is filled.


This is a dry fit of the Thor Agena B up until now.
I decided to prime the body tubes and balsa before adding the half round basswood tunnels. It's harder to sand to the surface of the tubes with the tunnels in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment