Thursday, November 2, 2017

Centuri to Estes Logo Decals?


On TRF is a thread about "Dissapointing Kits".
In one post, a picture of the Estes Warp II came up. I thought the fin decal was interesting. It reminded me of something else from the past.

Then it hit me, it was actually a Centuri logo decal from the late 1970s. The Estes oval logo replaced the Centuri logo.

In the center is a model silhouette looking like the MPC Pipsqueak. That drawing was used and set into the triangle variant.

I know, moot point. (You try to come up with blog posts after seven years!) The older guys might remember this one.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty creative recycling of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure *do* remember that Centuri logo from that period very well! (I got into MR in 1977.) In fact, I think I still have remnants somewhere of the Centuri decal sheet you show above. Nice to see a bit of "the other company that isn't Estes" living on, even if only preserved by.... Estes. (Back in the day, didn't know Centuri was also owned by Damon.) ~Lawrence

    ReplyDelete