Friday, November 3, 2017

Space X Falcon 9 Wrap Update - Oops!

On the Facebook Model Rocketry Fanatics page, Jack Sweeney posted a picture of the pre-installed body tube wrap on his Space X Falcon 9 kit.

Apparently getting the stick-on wrap smooth and aligned on the body tube is still a production problem. My build attempt goes back to February, 2013. CLICK HERE

Some builders may not care, but it did bother me - To the point I had to quit the build and refund the build price to the client! I can't recommend this kit.

2 comments:

  1. The Space X website has these for sale again: they were unavailable for a long time. Problem is, the only shipping option available to my zip is FedEx, no USPS option. Cost of kit-$29. Cost of shipping- over $31! And it only shows the boxed artwork of an actual Falcon 9 taking off. No picture or dimensions of the actual model......

    FUHGEDABBODIT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete