Monday, August 19, 2019

Estes Sasha Build #7271, Part 13, Paint & Decals


I spray painted the upper and lower stages separately. The nose cone and tail cone are painted light gray separately.

The green isn't really this dark. It's Rustoleum 2X, Gloss Hunter Green, #334034 from Home Depot.



Those little dowel antennas were hand painted with gloss red, I couldn't see doing a mask for the red antennas.
I found a red that matched the decal color.






Here's the finished booster.
The nozzle was painted light gray off the model and glued in place when it was dry.

TIP: Notice the white band decal is set back from the edge of the body tube end. Setting it back will prevent it from peeling or lifting right off the edge.




Double check the placement of the flap decals before transferring them onto the fin. It would be easy to flip this one, be sure the side lines are parallel to the root edge of the fin.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Steve,
      I'll add the paint color to the post.
      It is Rustoleum 2X, Gloss Hunter Green, #334034 from Home Depot.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chris, I really like that color. I'll probably use it when I get one of these, which will be soon.

      Delete