Friday, May 28, 2021

FlisKits Space Raider Build, Part 1, Parts


Parts are pretty standard.
That's a 6" long BT-20 and a 6" long 1/8" launch lug.
The long nose block was made from a 20/50 adapter from the spare parts drawer.
I didn't end up using the engine hook.
Balsa isn't shown, I went with 3/32" instead of the 1/8" thick. It's what I had handy.

Jim Flis Patterns for home prints from the NAR Facebook page: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2255560886/permalink/10157795697170887
Print all three pages on 110 lb. cardstock
Instructions:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2255560886/permalink/10157795696185887
Print on 20 lb. copy paper

TIP: I'd recommend using white glue for construction on this one. Yellow glue can discolor home print cardstock models. White glue will dry clear and disappear after the final clearcoat.


Jim Flis drew up a fin cover in black and white.
I drew up four covers and colored them in.

These PDFs is available to Patreon supporters.
Email me at oddlrockets@bellsouth.net
and ask for the Space Raider PDFs.




I had some trouble with the fit of the bottom plate.
I re-drew four separate pieces to fit my build.

My nose cone came out a little short, leaving a gap at the top of the body.
I re-drew the nose cone just a bit longer. These are hard to fold, so three are supplied on the PDF. You might get better results on a second or third try.

No comments:

Post a Comment