Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Estes Antar #7310 Build, Finished


This is a big model, I had to take it outside to get a full, finished picture.
It's impressive! I'm glad the C5-3 engine is now available for it.

I mentioned before, those black nose cone dots are tiny, smaller than the box illustration shows. This model was a difficult masking job.


The back end - 
This was a pre-production kit, the kitted decals now have a darker red ink, almost a red/brown color.

This will be a popular kit for Estes. I'm curious what upcoming Designer Series rockets might be.



James Duffy has just posted and ANTAR unboxing video with some history and great paint ideas. To see it: CLICK HERE

6 comments:

  1. Great work and thanks for all of the small details. I'll be working on the nose weight required for a D12-3:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown,
      Adapting the Antar for a 24mm D engine isn't easy with all the cardstock vanes on the low end of the engine mount.
      An easy way to keep the C/G in the same place - Weigh both motors, the 18mm C5 and a D12. Add the difference to the nose cone. I usually add a bit more than that just to play it safe.
      Depending on the final weight, the D12-5 might be a better choice. But - you can play it safe with the three second delay.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that info. I'm venturing into sacrilidge I know but I'm going to leave the vanes off and do the usual flush bottom. I'd rather have the extra few hundred feet of altitude. If anyone has a general flight CG, I will happily use that figure as a target. Regards, Kip

      Delete
  2. I just flew mine yesterday for the first time. It exceeded all of my expectations (straight up and zero roll) and flew great with a D12-3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown,
      Congrats on your successful D engine flight in the Antar! If this wasn't a build for Estes, I might have gone with the 24mm engine mount.

      Delete