Saturday, May 1, 2021

ASP Micro Hawk Build, Part 6, Fillets, Launch Lug & Tunnels


Fold a piece of 400 grit sandpaper and sand the CA fillets smooth.

Run a fingernail down the fillet to check how smooth it is. A smooth fillet is needed for a clean masking line. 
I glued on the launch lug so it would be hidden behind a fin. This put it a little farther back from the measurement mentioned in the instructions.

That plastic rectangular piece isn't a standoff, but a spacer and is removed after the lug is glued on.



The front end of the tunnels are rounded off.
I set it against my finger to check the shape.


The tunnels haven't been cut to size yet. 
I'll paint it first then glue it on afterwards. I couldn't see how to paint something so small and narrow once it was glued in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment