Thursday, July 4, 2024

Enerjet by Aerotech Initiator Build, Part 10, Rear Centering Ring & Nose Cone Color Match

The rear centering ring did need some edge sanding to slide into the rear end of the main airframe tube.

You'll find it easier to fit it into the top end of the tube. If it ends up too tight you can remove it by spinning (turning) the ring to grab and slide it out.
You can't turn and flip the ring if inserted into the motor mount end.





The rear centering ring is slid in place until it contacts the back of the low ring lock ring. 
Apply a wood glue fillet. Here I'm smoothing out the fillet with a Q-Tip. It's too narrow an area for a fingertip.
Here's what I was talking about earlier, matching the nose cone color to the red on the decal sticker.

The sticker still has the backing on it, it's not stuck down yet. 

The nose cone will need some passes of the regular Ace Banner Red to lighten the burgundy color.

Before I just grab a can of paint I already have - I'll take the face card off the instructions (or cut the picture off the box) to the hardware store and try to match colors with the cap on the spray paint can.

At the time, burgundy was the closest color. But, things looked different when the sticker wrap was set next to the nose cone and placed over the white paint.

Plan ahead:
I didn't tie the shock cord to the nose cone because I thought there might be some color matching. With the nose cone untied, I could spray it off the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment