Thursday, September 17, 2015

Booster 55 / 60 and D12-0s on Closeout?

Bernard Cawley posted this on YORF:

D12-0s on close out

Apparently the Estes ARF models with the accessory boosters (Booster-55, Booster-60) aren't doing well enough in the mass market channels and at least one chain - the Pacific Northwest variety store chain Fred Meyer - is closing out the accessory boosters for $2 each. But more interestingly, two-packs of D12-0s are being closed out for $3.98 - if you can find 'em.

I tried three Fred Meyer stores relatively near my house yesterday and didn't find any. This afternoon I tried the store nearest to work (Renton) and hit the jackpot. I picked up 15 two-packs and left a few behind. Based on where I found them - NOT with the current display of rockets but mixed in with/above toys on sale - there may have been some in the stores I looked in yesterday and I was just looking in the wrong place. The regular shelves had all been reset for the new assortment which includes the Blurrzz and a wider selection of air rockets, and many fewer ARFs.

It MAY be (I have not confirmed this) that the Wal Mart stores that have been carrying the ARFs and boosters could be doing the same thing. Not many Wal-Marts around here have carried rockets lately so I haven't looked - yet.
But it might be worth a look......
I know Hobby Lobby was closing out the accessory boosters as well (for as low as 99 cents) but not the motors.

Happy bargain hunting.

Thanks to Pat Fitzpatrick for telling me about this on Saturday at the BEMRC launch.
__________________
Bernard Cawley
NAR 89040 L1
SAM 0061
AMA 42160
KG7AIE

EDIT: Manuel Mejia Jr. emailed:
The local Hobby Lobby in Tavares (Florida) is closing out D12-0s at $6.00 a 2 pack.  I do not use the motors except in 24 mm Saucers (which I have not flown one in a few years).  I hope I can still order them when I need them from a vendor or Estes.  D12-0 do have their uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment