Wednesday, February 28, 2018

New Rocket Room Picture

I have one room in my home for rockets and rocket supplies. All of the Odd'l Rockets parts are stored there.
The walls have been bare since the room was remodeled two years ago.

I found and bought an original Estes ad on Ebay. This is the same ad I saw in 1969. I sent for the catalog after paging through a classmates catalog in my eight grade home room.
Estes ran out of the 1969 catalogs and sent out Xerox copies, reduced images of the pages.

The magazine ad brought back memories and will fill up some empty space on the rocket room wall.

8 comments:

  1. You never forget your first...ad ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lonnie,
      This was the first one I remember seeing. My first mail order was for a Centuri Javelin.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Now if we could only find that Vashon Valkyrie II at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      I'm still looking. I'm also looking for the Sears Catalog page where I ordered my Vashon Valkyrie II.

      Delete
  3. Chris did you end up with a real catalog or a xerox copy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moontana,
      I got the Zerox copy catalog. Black ink only, every four catalog pages were reduced onto 8 1/2" X 11" sheets.

      Delete
  4. Way cool. Thanks for helping to keep the fire burning of classic rocketry. One of these days I'll find the box in storage that has all my Model Rocket News issues that I saved as a school kid. By the way I got an email from Jonrocket today that the F-104 is in stock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcus,
    I thought maybe my Mother had thrown away my three binders of Model Rocket News and kit instructions. We were cleaning out her house and I found all of them in my Sister's old bedroom. How they ended up in there, I'll never know. I spent a few nights going through the binders and found a few surprises. A few kits I didn't remember building.
    JonRocket will have the F-104 kits this Saturday, I'll hand them off to Roger and Bracha at out monthly Orlando R.O.C.K. launch. They could probably go out in the mail on Monday.

    ReplyDelete