Thursday, September 29, 2022

Estes Space Shuttle Columbia Build #1385, Part 18, A Trim Decal Try



I knew this nose cone curve could be a problem.
Well, let's fix it.

On the left you can see the overspray.
Some light knife scraping and some white touch up paint gave me a sharper edge.




The rudder mask was okay. This picture was before I did some brush touchups.

That gray discoloration smudge is some Sharpie ink that was rubbed onto the white paint. A few passes with a Magic Eraser Sponge cleaned it up.

There is some gray trim underneath the wing leading edge. 
I did not want to go through an entire mask again!

I tried a cheat which didn't work out this time. I sprayed some gray paint on a white decal sheet to make a trimmable water slide. 



Paper was set under the wing edge to get a good pencil tracing.







 


I added onto the width, made some straight cuts and a curve on the back end. 

This will be the template for cutting out the decals.

No comments:

Post a Comment