Friday, May 3, 2024

Estes Condor #0807 Build, Part 7, Prepping Tube Ends & Nose Cone Loop

I only applied a wipe of CA glue to the upper end of the tube.
The rear centering ring is glued even with the end of the tube. If I were to apply CA to the low end, the wood glue wouldn't soak into the tube. CA glue seals when applied. 

After the CA glue dries, I lightly sanded the edge with 400 grit. Check the fit of the nose cone, light sanding might be needed inside.
 
The shock cord tie loop is very small and seems weak. The eyelet is small, trying to get looped shroud lines and a shock cord through it would be difficult.

I cut off the loop. A hole was drilled in the angled shoulder side with a knife tip. The hole was widened with a tapered file.

The shock cord will be tied through the new hole. The chute lines will be attached 1/3 the way down the shock cord.



The nose cone mold was pretty clean, just a slight raised seam.

Here I'm scraping down the joint using the back of my knife, like a cabinet scraper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment