Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Estes Condor #0807 Build, Part 23, More Decals



Well, I did my best to draw the decals correctly, but the red border lines on the wing tips came up short.

I cut a small piece of one of the extras to extend the line to the edge.






The red bar over the body tube had to be trimmed so the width matched up with the red lines on the wings.










I don't usually use a clear coat but I did apply some clear acrylic Pledge with a Q-tip. I was concerned that the front edges could lift.


Earlier in the build, the instructions said to glue in the engine mount with the centering ring even with the end of the tube. I recessed the mount so I could apply a glue fillet around the low end.

Interesting that the decal placement picture shows the mount slightly recessed.

1 comment: