Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quest Tomahawk SLCM Build FINISHED!














Many of the points brought up in the RocketReviews.com builds are consistent with my experience.

Matching up the decal color to the red and blue spray paint would be difficult unless you did a custom color and shot it through an airbrush.
The decals are tough. There's many pieces to line up, the stripes are made up of five segments! I have plenty of extra small decals left over. I have no idea where they should go. I tried to match the face card illustration.
Fitting the shroud was difficult, the supplied card stock is too thin. Both the shroud and air scoop should be replaced with thicker card stock.
The body tube shouldn't have been sent out in a kit. I would have looked on it as a "factory second" not suitable for retail sale.

Still in the end, it's a sharp looking rocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment