Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scavenger! Build Part 23 This Model Is Cursed!

After the gray primer was sprayed and sanded, I followed with the first white coat of paint.

Looking closer at the epoxy fillets, they weren't as smooth as I would have liked.
There was some high spots.
If 30 minute epoxy were used, I would have had more time to get it smoothed before the fillets started to set up.
220 grit was wrapped around a small dowel and the high areas on the fillets were taken down a bit. 400 grit followed and then some more primer.

It was after sanding down that first coat of white that I ran into real problems.
A new can of the Gloss White Rustoleum 2X shot out a flat pebbled mess.
I sanded the rough finish smooth.
It was returned and the exchanged second can did the same thing!
That was returned to Home Depot for a cash refund.


I went to the auto supply store to buy some white Duplicolor spray.
The can was well shaken for a few minutes.
The cap was pulled off and the nozzle tip was missing!!!

I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment