Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Super Alpha Nosecone Part 3 Final Shaping




The sandpaper was switched over to 220 grit.
The center dot is still visible.










More shaping and the center dot is almost gone.








The balsa cone was taped to the wall.
I held the print a little forward of that to check the profiles side by side.

Is it perfect? No, but it's close enough for me.
Over the years the same catalog nose cone changed shape depending on how old the grinder was.




A half an hour later, the new shaped nose cone.

Sure, it would have been easier to order a new nose cone.
Not to take any business away from Semroc, but I just saved $7.10 off my next order.

1 comment:

  1. "Over the years the same catalog nose cone changed shape depending on how old the grinder was."

    A phenomenon known as "tool creep".

    Fantastic job on cutting down that nose cone by hand. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined being able to do that so neatly and uniformly. You are an artist.

    ReplyDelete