Saturday, February 20, 2021

Estes Airborne Surveillance Missile Build, #7257, Part 9, Oops & Decals


I'm an idiot!
Why did I leave the nose cone on when the orange was shot? It was already gloss white - the desired final color!
Now I have to re-shoot it . . . shoot.



The upper edge of the lowest ring didn't get a full black coverage, that's okay.
Sharpie to the rescue.







The first decal is a white band that goes around the lower, exposed 5/20 centering ring.

There is a slight overlap at the ends. I tried to "hide" it below the launch lug.

Place the vertical white stripes first.
Center them in the area between the middle fins. The low end is even with the end of the body tube.

These decals required a long soaking to release from the blue backing paper.


 



Then add the top making a tall "T" decals. 
Do your best to center them so the spaces between them ends up even. It's not easy to get them perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Goofs happen to all of us. Knowing that it can still happen to the best builders helps me to forgive myself when I botch something. Good thing is that it’s all fixable.

    ReplyDelete