Monday, December 5, 2022

Orlando R.O.C.K. Monthly Launch, December 3, 2022




I have a visitor from California for nine days, one day of her visit was reserved for the R.O.C.K. launch.
Skies were clear, temperatures in the low 80s - Pretty warm for December!

I tend to stay on the low end of engine power on this smallish field. It's a B6-4 day.

First up for me was a favorite, the Quest FLV with an Estes B6-4.
300' maybe? Full chute, no damage, but I did reinforce the kit nozzles and thin fins.








Carl Campbell (RSR Rockets) has retired and is back in the U.S.

His "first flight of the day" bird, the Estes Guardian saw it's 30th launch. He also flew his detailed Delta models.




Here's the first flight of my new Estes SOLAR SAILER with a B6-4. 
Very stable to 275'. A shotgun ejection really extended the shock cord.
There was some drift under the chrome Mylar chute, too close to the trees for my liking.

The higher winds were coming from the Southwest, pushing many models into the trees. Kirby's long hook pole came in handy pulling down the lower stuck models.



Only three launches for me today.
I let Cheryl pick out a rocket to launch, she liked the Odd'l LITTLE GREEN MAN.
Another B6-4 got the green guy to about 250'. For the first time the LGM veered off vertical flight. A full chute at ejection. No damage on recovery.

It was getting hot enough to be uncomfortable for me and my guest. I headed home earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment