Friday, July 22, 2016

Russian Hits - What?

Today the blog got over 3,500 hits!
Sure I should be excited, but maybe not.

Over 2,700 hits from Russia?
Typically the blog gets anywhere from 750 hits to 1,500 a day. It varies, weekends get more readers.

These have got to be some sort of robotic hits but I'm not seeing any questionable sources like "Vampirestats".

I've cracked the country of Moldova this month! Great, now I have homework. What's a Moldova? 

EDIT: I just did a search. The first listing that came up was for Anatasia Date, a Moldovian Marriage site. Hooray! Rockets are finally a chick magnet with single Moldovian women!
The second listing: "Moldova, officially the Republic of Moldova, is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe, bordered by Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east, and south. The capital city is Chișinău."
See what you learn on a nerdy rocket blog?

2 comments:

  1. Moldova I've heard of, but the Republic of Mauritius I know little about, beside it being the home of the extinct dodo bird. Wow, and they are #3 on your hit list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got a spike in hits from Russia as well. I do have Russian readers, but not that many in one day. My spike was a lot smaller than yours, but still significant - over 300 yesterday, and a lot today.

    It's annoying, because I'd like my hit count to be accurate. I'm about to hit my second anniversary of the blog, and will have doubled my hits from last year (10,000 by year one, 30,000 by year two).

    But the last few hundred seem to be fakes.

    The goal is arbitrary, but I do like seeing my blog grow. Still, I don't want fake stats.

    ReplyDelete