Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Latest Estes Order


I rarely order from Estes directly unless there are some good prices on clearance models.
A short while back Estes added the Mercury Redstone and Little Joe Apollo capsules, separately from the kits. CLICK HERE and scroll down to the bottom.
These parts kits do not include the white print decals.

Centuri once offered the Mercury Redstone capsules in their catalogs. I always regretted not picking up a few for projects like the Mercury Little Joe I. I think I have enough now.

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the price of the LJII capsule, with shipping, is just a little less that the entire kit from AC Supply. I always need motors, so that is the route I will go if I want to rebuild mine, after losing the launch tower nozzles on the first flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metalhead,
      I agree, the price with shipping is too high! But Estes isn't sending these to vendors. As I understand it, you can only get this part set from Estes.

      Delete
  2. That is unfortunate. I am sure they would sell a ton to people who want to scratch build rockets not being produced as kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metalhead,
      Another problem - Estes doesn't sell the 2" body tube separately! The old Centuri ST-20 tubing is only available from BMS and erockets.

      Delete