Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Rocket Shelves

On the Facebook Estes Model Rockets page, Gerry Sieracki asked: 
"How did/would you protect your rockets when moving several states away?"

David Scigs answered and posted a picture of his rocket and plane room:
"I am wrestling with the same dilemma, I have a ton of rockets and airplanes built. Looking to move from the West Coast to TN in 4 to 5 years. I have a lot of careful packing to do. I hate to just get rid of these classics."


My response:
Sort of looks like my rocket room, but yours is better organized! I've drilled small holes halfway into the shelves and stuck in short 1/8" rods. I either slide the models down on the launch rods, or into the open engine mounts. That's probably because I grew up near the Earthquake Capitol of the World" and had a few rockets shaken off the shelves.
I was dating a girl for a few months, had her over for a house tour. When she didn't run screaming after seeing the rocket room I thought: "She might be a keeper!" In the end she didn't work out. We went to a club launch and after 20 minutes she asked: "How long do you normally stay at these things?"

2 comments:

  1. Was she the woman you brought to NEFAR? Claudia and I always wondered what happened to her. Now, it makes sense, priorities. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How long do you normally stay at these things?".....
    That's a perfect red flag warning!

    ReplyDelete