Thursday, September 10, 2020

Launch You Cremation Ashes?

Just in time for Halloween -



Yep, that's a little coffin on the top, spring-loaded to help spread Essential Saltes. 
Is "essential saltes" another way to describe cremation ashes? Someone will let me know!
The is the first time I've seen the Grim Reaper used in a rocket kit advertisement.
The kit is produced by Altaira Rocketry, the same company that produces the Soviet N-1 Moon Rocket.

This design could sell. I've been at a club launch where some cremation ashes were launched without success. This might be the way to go . . . 

5 comments:

  1. A great juxtaposition of morbid and fun.

    One could at least rightfully claim that he/she became a 'biological' payload flying in one of their own model rockets!

    Lastly, a rocket flight that you rather hope would not experience a motor CATO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more...

    Imagine a new series of NAR competition events:

    Cremation Ash Duration
    Cremation Ash Altitude
    !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again...
    I did a little sleuthing on the interweb about 'essential saltes'
    It is a reference to the basic ash and substance of animals which, through a form of necromancy, can be re-generated.
    A great deal of web references are found concerning a story entitled 'The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward' by H. P. Lovecraft (1890-1937), a horror fiction writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Ed!
      I had no idea. That's getting a bit weird for me!

      Delete
  4. A bit over the top for me as well. Think I'll stick to my regular LPR builds and boost gliders.
    The Cremator is an interesting find, however.

    ReplyDelete