Friday, July 16, 2021

Piglet-sus! PDF Now Available

Let me tell you where I'm at -
You may have noticed some random build tips over the past few days. I keep these in Draft form for times like this.
Recently I built two DARC-1 kits and three Super Mars Snooper kits for Estes. Photos of the builds are done and many blog posts are ready to be published online.
But - Estes hasn't released the kits for sale. I won't publish a build until they are listed on the "New" products page.
I actually have about 60 blog posts in draft form  - short tips that can fill in a empty day. I once read that Charles Shultz had dozens of finished Peanuts strips ready for vacations or sick days.

This next MMX rocket was drawn up years ago as a downsize Piglet version of the Odd'l Rockets Pigasus kit. It flys, and flys well! Just be sure to add the nose weight.

The MicroMaxx PIGLET-SUS PDF is available to Patreon subscribers! 
Shoot me an email at: www.oddlrockets@bellsouth.net 
and ask for the MMX Piglet-sus PDF

The  home printed wraps and detail parts are laminated to cereal box cardstock. There are duplicate printed parts as these are smaller builds and some cuts can be tricky.

Parts needed:
The Body Wrap (24 lb) goes around a BT-5, just over 1 5/8” long.
The Nose Cone is a plastic “Mosquito” style cone. Fill it 2/3 full with clay weight for stability.
The pig nose is made from a 3/16” length of 3/16” diameter launch lug. Cap the end with a small disk of cardstock.
Cereal box cardboard
Centering rings and engine mount are up to you! Roll your own rings - it'll be shown in the build.

I can hear it now - "A Micro-Maxx build?" Sheesh!
Smaller models can test your building skills. 
Micro models are a great first launch of the day. That bare nichrome igniter will let you know if your batteries are good. Bare nichrome in the small nozzle will take a few seconds to light with a regular 6 volt home system. They are also good for a laugh before you bring out the big guns.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Micro Max fan and carded rocket fan as well. I even claimed the smallest Der Red Max build based off your Carded Der Red Max - giving credit to you of course. https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/smallest-rocket.137338/page-3#post-1811069

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flis Kits created a conversion calculator for tube size so I just reduced the percentage of the image when printing to be able to print smaller rockets. I have a copy of the calculator spreadsheet, but since they changed the website, I don't see it posted anymore.

    ReplyDelete