Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Estes BOSS Kit #7316, Build, Part 10, Vane Gluing & Ring Shims

I didn't get photos of the vanes (Parts T) being glued at the upper part of the BT-50 tube.
TIP: I decided not to do glue fillets on the sides of the vanes. There just isn't room between them to smooth out the glue.
Instead, I applied glue only to the root edge and removed the excess before placing on the tube. Try not to get any glue "squeeze-out".

The vane area will be painted black so nobody will really see a fillet anyway. Still, I wanted to keep it clean.

The fit of the two 50/55 rings was loose in the upper tube. I cut a 1/4" wide strip of copy paper and wrapped it once around the centering rings. A glue stick is less wet than wood or white glue in this type of application.




The six forward windows (Part AA) are tiny!
The hold down tics should be trimmed after they are removed from the index sheet.


I sanded off any remaining tic with some 400 grit on my sanding block.

TIP: Keep small parts in a zip-lock style jewelry bag. These are easy to drop of misplace. They'll be easier to keep track of in a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment