Monday, January 23, 2023

Estes BOSS Kit #7316, Build, Part 16, Black Mask



The disk centers were glued up earlier,
Now they are glued and centered on the yellow front shown in the last post.

Before gluing on the black and yellow disks, the larger yellow disk center had the paint scraped off in the center gluing area.



The only mask left are the coolant vanes (I think that's what they are called) 
I thought spray paint would be difficult to get into the nooks and crannies. I used my ultra fine point Sharpie to black in the cracks.
Here's the black mask - 
The instructions don't show the entire model masked off. I chose to cover everything remaining. I didn't want to take the chance of finding any black overspray later on.

With the tape pulled, we're ready for decals!
I'm not gluing the upper BT-55 body tube on.
These three builds are going back to Estes - the finished model is longer than the plastic shipping box! 
The two segments can be easily glued together in Penrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment