Sunday, January 22, 2023

Estes BOSS Kit #7316, Build, Part 15, Masking The Yellow Disk


The instructions suggest using yellow and black markers to color the raised disk intakes at the front of the engines. I didn't think I could get an even color using markers - I decided to mask and spray.

I had already painted the disks and glued them together. I still have to paint the front of the engine tubes.

Above - I masked using marked Scotch tape to start. The yellow will overlap the edge slightly. This isn't called for in the instructions, it's just something extra I wanted to try.

Some tube masks followed with plastic grocery bag wraps.



Then an entire bag was taped to cover the entire model.



Here's what I was going for - 
A little extra color overlapping onto the tube.

2 comments:

  1. The yellow around the disk makes the disk just pop out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill!
      Sometimes little details can make a good, subtle difference.

      Delete