Monday, November 7, 2011

Quest Striker AGM Build Part 13 Ends and Edges



Lately I've been attaching the parachute down the shock cord, away from the nose cone to prevent tangles.

The Striker has the older Nike Smoke nose cone, it's a long one. Before tying on the parachute I made sure the nose cone tip wouldn't be hitting the upper body during recovery.





The kit decals were great! No problems at all putting them on.

The fin tip stripes are black. You can see the clear coat overhang beyond the leading and trailing edges of the fins.
Normally I would trim this with a single edge razor blade, but these decals stuck so well, I was able to roll the overhang over the fin edges.

Three of the lower fins are painted black. You are given black fin tip stripes to go over the black paint. If black decals were applied over black paint they would be invisible

I used these black stripes to a better advantage. See the next post -

No comments:

Post a Comment