Monday, November 21, 2011

Semroc Defender Build Part 16 Fin Can Mask Part 1

Clear Scotch tape was set on my glass patio door.
Since the fin can is already painted white, I wanted the edges of my clear tape easy to see.
A permanent marker was used to draw a line down the middle of the tape strips. Cutting down the middle also gives you two masking pieces and a clean edge.

A sharp knife and straight edge cut through the middle of the thick, marked line.


I didn't want a square top around the rounded leading edge.
Here's one way to get the rounded mask.

Small pieces of tape are set around the leading edge tip. There is four small pieces around each side and a final piece over the tip.




The longer tape strips go down the fin sides.

I had used the Titebond M & TG for fillets. I wanted the color separation right down the middle of the rounded fillet.
With the tape edge black, it's easier to see the edge and judge how well it's centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment